Hi there,

I'm using JMeter to load test a web application that's using Spring Security (aka. Acegi) and I'm running into a strange issue.

Config:
- added an HTTP Cookie Manager at the top of my thread group (tried it with URL re-writing as well)
- using HTTP Request (not HTTPClient, although I tried that too)
- turned OFF "redirect automatically"
- turned ON "follow redirects"
- turned OFF "use keepalive"
- turned OFF "use multipart..."
- I've tried turning the above switches both ON/OFF with no luck.

The sequence of test steps is:

1) POST j_username & j_password to /appName/j_spring_security_check

2) server processes request, successfully authenticates user and sends the following 302 (redirect) response back to JMeter:

HTTP/1.1 302 Found
Expires: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=1nwsm0nsmar0b;Path=/appName
Location: http://localhost:8080/appName/;jsessionid=1nwsm0nsmar0b
Content-Length: 0
Server: Jetty(6.1.14)

3) JMeter sends a GET request to http://localhost:8080/appName/;jsessionid=1nwsm0nsmar0b and stores Cookie Data: $Version=0; JSESSIONID=1nwsm0nsmar0b; $Path=/appName

4) server processes request and successfully show me the dashboard page of my application.

5) Up to this point things seem fine, but this is where it gets wierd. JMeter simply stops executing the rest of my test plan and ignores the rest of my HTTP Requests with no error messages or other indicator of what went wrong.

What gets wierder is that if I pass in the wrong authentication credentials (say the wrong password) then my app won't authenticate me, BUT it will at least run the rest of my test plan (however all I get are repeats of the login screen since it never authenticated me successfully in the first place).

Any and all ideas would be greatly appreciated! The app works fine in Firefox, so I'm also going to try a FF add-on and/or WireShark to see what differences in HTTP requests/responses are happening between JMeter and FF.

Cheers,
Dave

Post a Comment

 
Top